Monday, February 16, 2015

Magic Monday!

Everyday little man asks me "mommy, what day is it?" so I've started giving adjectives to the words. Today is Monday so we're calling it Magic Monday.

It was a great weekend! I'm a typical girl (in some ways), I love Valentine's Day. Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend shows me he loves me every day of the year but Valentine's Day is just nice to reflect on it.

To kick off our Valentine's Day weekend we went to Rodizio's Grill for dinner Friday night. It was nice, it's always nice being out with him. We found ourselves a bit frustrated by our limitations, but hey live and learn.

Saturday we knew was going to be cold, so we pushed our run back a little bit so we could get a potentially higher temperature. We didn't set an alarm, let our bodies rest and it was AWESOME. We headed out to Kelly Drive / Boathouse Row in Philadelphia for a planned 8 mile run. Now, normally we'll just circle the Schuykill River and that comes out to 8.5 miles but sometimes that gets boring. So we decided to mix things up. We ran down past the Art Museum, along the Schuykill River to South Street, turned back and ran into the city. Through Rittenhouse Square, across Broad Street, past Washington Square and Independence Hall, down Race Street, up the Parkway back to Kelly Drive. It was a fantastic run. I think it helps make it fly by to run with your love/best friend.



We headed home and were frozen to the bone. You don't really "notice" the cold during your run but afterwards - yikes! It was COLD.

I had some studying to do over the weekend but big man and I altered our original Valentine's Day plans so that we'd be staying home and I'd make a nice paleo friendly dinner. Well we cooked together and honestly it was better than I could've imaged.




NY Strips - prepared using Nom Nom Paleo's How to Make the Perfect Steak (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/101229550968/how-to-make-the-perfect-steak)

Pressure cooker potatoes - using Nom Nom Paleo's Pressure Cooker Crispy Potatoes recipe (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/33235606879/pressure-cooker-crispy-potatoes)

Garlic Lemon Shrimp - shrimp + grass fed butter + garlic + herbs in a frying pan til cooked, squeeze 1 whole lemon on at the end (I also like to put my lemons in the pan while the shrimp is cooking, it makes the juice come out easier)

Aaaaaaaaand for dessert - CHOCOLATE CAKE!

Make It Paleo has a recipe for a chocolate cake. I thought it might be a nice treat and boy was it. Absolutely delicious! http://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/dark-chocolate-cake/

For icing I couldn't use their recipe because I could not find macadamia oil for the life of me. So I googled and found this http://elanaspantry.com/paleo-chocolate-frosting/ - PERFECT! In fact, in the future I am saving this recipe to make chocolate covered strawberries. It'd be perfect for it.

Everything was perfect. A big hit with big man. Successful paleo Valentine's Day.

Sunday we wake up and it's our meal prep Sunday of course! Not too much to prep this week. I wanted to make Chick Fil A nuggets for dinner on Monday and every recipe I saw called for pickle juice. Pickle juice? REALLY? Well that means I had to buy pickles. But what was I going to use them for? I wasn't going to just "eat" pickles... I thought they were going to waste. Nope! Found an awesome recipe for FRIED PICKLES! I'm not a newbie to fried pickles. I've had them before different places, I remember specifically I've gotten them at Hooters. They're okay but I can take or leave them. I still gave them a try. WHOA. These came out so good, I told big man he may not have any for work because there was a possibility I was going to eat them all.



The recipe for these can be found here: http://www.taysteofpaleo.com/2014/03/25/paleo-fried-pickles/


So there's my food from the weekend. Pretty good weekend for me! :) I got the job at a runner store I am obsessed with, completed my application to the four year school I am applying to, ate well and spent time with my loves.

BUT something else super cool happened. I had been exchanging likes and comments with someone on Instagram. Then I looked at his Etsy store (and Big Cartel link) and found out he sells super awesome, super cute workout gear!!!! I HIGHLY recommend you go give him a like on Facebook or IG.

Instagram: PaleoFatKid
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofatkid
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/paleofatkid
Other shop: http://paleofatkid.bigcartel.com


No comments:

Post a Comment