Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ok let's play catch up.

Things have been busy the past few days.. I had a class / quiz on Wednesday, followed by a lab / quiz Thursday and an exam on Friday. Saturday morning we were scheduled in our half marathon training to run 6 miles. On the way home we had to stop at my favorite butcher (L. Halteman Family in Reading Terminal Market). I love that place but I've learned that with how hectic it is in RTM I need to have an organized list or I'll either over buy or forget something. After that we made one last stop at Animo Juice in Haddonfield for a juice breakfast for me (big man got a juice + egg bowl).

I had a hair appointment at 12:15. Very happy with it! Big change but that's not a bad thing.


After my hair appointment we did some running around. First stop was Road Runner Sports in Cherry Hill so I could get fitted for new running shoes. What can I say? I like bright sneakers!




Quick stops at Trader Joes and Whole Foods and we finally made it home by 6:30! But we were exhausted. Luckily yesterday I had a Kalua pig in my crock pot (recipe from NomNomPaleo). I swear we were all in bed by 7:30!

So recap of last week..

I made the paleo carne asada with a side of paleo tortillas on Wednesday night. The carne asada was a crock pot recipe, modified from a non-paleo blog I read (which I can't find now). Here's what I did.

Flank steak (3 lbs)
2-3 Garlic cloves (peeled)
1 red onion (diced)
2-3 jalapeƱos (sliced and seeds removed)

In a food processor combine jalapeƱos, onions and garlic cloves.
Chop in processor to your desired thickness or thinness. (I prefer mine pretty thin)
When done, rub a light layer of olive oil on your flank steak.
Scoop out mixture from food processor and coat steak (both sides)
Place in crock pot on low for 7-9 hours.
Note- some liquid will be in the crock pot after cooking, drain the liquid before shredding the steak.

Ways to serve - on paleo tortillas, on cauliflower rice, in a plate with pico or guac on top, with eggs, ANY WAY YOU WANT!

Thursday we made chicken legs using Steves Paleo Goods Wing Sauce. Pretty simple - cook chicken legs + add wing sauce.

Friday - New York Strip using Nom Nom Paleo's recipe for how to make the perfect steak. Seriously - she wasn't lying. PERFECT!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment