Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The weekend!

I have this app on my phone to make it easier to update this blog.. But I suck apparently so here's a recap.

Friday - Panera Bread is AMAZING. I knew this before I went paleo but their "power" menu gets two big thumbs up from me. I have two favorites which are pretty much the same thing just one has avocado and one doesn't. I like the chicken cobb with avocado - I get no gorgonzola, but I had red onions. I double the bacon and double the chicken. For dressing, I replace their dressing with lemon juice and olive oil. The other option is Mediterranean power chicken salad. Again, add red onion, double chicken and double bacon. Nix their dressing but get the lemon juice and olive oil. This is such a great paleo option. So filling. So delicious. One has avocado, one doesn't.

Saturday - big man and I went for our scheduled 8 mile run. We got our run in right before the snow started falling. Beautiful day, went a little further on a route we normally go so we got to see new things. Spent the rest of Saturday relaxing.



There's nothing I like better on a cold winter day than a crock pot filled with some soup or stew. I hadn't tried my hand at paleo soups or stews yet so I gave paleo beef stew a try.




2-3 lb Chuck roast
4-6 White sweet potatoes (or regular sweet potatoes)
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 yellow onion
Chopped celery (1 cup+)
Chopped carrots (1 cup+)
Beef stock
I also add 1 cup of water

Not really much better instructions than to just throw in the crock pot and let cook on low for 6-8 hours!

Sunday we took a tour of a new gym... And we're obsessed! We are doing guest visits on three days this week then will more than likely sign up!

We are doing well with our running this month. For the month of February we have 72.8 miles in, with 4 days left in the month! This morning we did 7 miles together, it was rough (it was a treadmill run). I am glad it's done.

Tonight's dinner is a modified version of Nom Nom Paleo's cracklin chicken thighs with honey sriracha on top. Yum! Made honey sriracha chicken drumsticks last week... Delicious!!!!

Pretty excited to do my end of the month weigh in this week...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment