Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Naps and the carb flu

I really enjoy the paleo lifestyle. In the past when I did it, I noticed I had so much energy, I felt lighter, I felt all around better. That being said when I fall off the wagon and need to reacclimate myself it kinda sucks (for lack of a better term). So Monday when I decided to get my butt in gear and begin this journey I knew the "carb flu" was around the corner.

Monday - I felt the carb flu set in but honestly it wasn't too bad. I stocked our cabinets with paleo friendly snacks and foods so when I felt "hangry" (hungry + angry) I had something to cut the edge. I felt a little run down in the early afternoon so I took a nap. All in all - not a bad day.

Tuesday - I felt a little worse than Monday but still manageable. Big man and I ran 5 miles that morning followed by a quick leg workout so that could've been part of it. Again early afternoon caught a nap and felt okay afterwards. Still not as bad as the carb flu I remember from my first time going paleo.

Yesterdays dinner was bacon wrapped meatloaf muffins and purple potato wedges on the side. Yum!! I really love purple potatoes, I'm not as big on sweet potatoes / yams. I know they're like a paleo staple but I am not a huge fan.

Tonight we're doing carne asada in the crock pot with guac and pico on the side and I just may make up some paleo tortillas.

For a while I was super skeptical of the importance of a food processor. I was like ehh I could live without it. Now that I have one I wonder how I lived without it. Today's carne asada recipe is super easy but the food processor made it even easier! :) I'll post pics and recipe later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment